At least eleven establishments in Puerto Vallarta have been closed for failing to comply with biosecurity measures, according to personnel from the Inspection and Regulations Directorate in the city.
Just last weekend there were six closures of various establishments for failing to comply with municipal provisions and regulations.
José Juan Velázquez Hernández, head of the agency, explained that there were four closed nightclubs and bars, as well as two restaurant-bars located in various areas of the tourist strip, which did not respect the allowed capacity and sanitary protocols.
Among the non-compliance, there were also violations for exceeding the closing time, and one not having the municipal operating license, he added.
Current COVID-19 data in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta currently reports 1,638 active cases of COVID-19, these being people who have been infected over the past 14-days. The number of active cases in Puerto Vallarta exceeds that of Guadalajara, the second-largest city in Mexico, which has 1,154 active cases.
Receive the PVDN newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, Become a Sponsor here.Or if you would like to make a one-time donation to show support for independent news make a donation here.
Puerto Vallarta Naval Hospital is reporting 100% occupancy of beds for treating COVID-19 patients, while the local IMSS Hospital is at 91% occupancy in COVID-19 beds, and the General Hospital in Puerto Vallarta is reporting 78% occupancy.
Holiday celebrations canceled
The State of Jalisco, where Puerto Vallarta is located, has announced that Día de Muertos and Independence Day celebrations throughout the state have been canceled due to the third wave of COVID-19 gripping the state.
The Governor also announced that new restrictions in maximum occupancy at restaurants, bars, and clubs would be announced this week.
- Jalisco New Generation Cartel hitman arrested in Puerto Vallarta Agents from the Secretary of National Defense were part of an operation in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, land of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) in which they arrested an alleged hitman from the group linked to organized crime. At approximately 4:00 in the morning, they reported that a large number of elements, vehicles,…
- Coronavirus in Mexico as of January 22, 2022 This Saturday, January 22, the Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cutoff at 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time), 4,646,957 total accumulated cases have been confirmed in the country since the beginning of the pandemic. As for the number of deaths, to date, a total of 303,085 deaths were reported. With these numbers, in…
- Two Canadians killed in shooting at Xcaret hotel in Quintana Roo Two Canadians were killed Friday and one more wounded in a shooting at a hotel along Mexico’s Caribbean coast, state authorities said. Quintana Roo state security chief Lucio Hernández said via Twitter that authorities were searching for a Hotel Xcaret guest in the shooting. He shared a photo of a man walking with a handgun.…
- Omicron makes up 90% of all new cases in Puerto Vallarta The municipalities of Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta lead the rebound in cases of COVID-19 in Jalisco and are the ones with the highest circulation of the omicron variant; explained the researcher Víctor Manuel González Romero, detailed that the behavior of greater circulation of the virus is maintained where there is a greater concentration of people.…
- Hundreds of dead fish wash ashore in Puerto Vallarta Hundreds of fish washed ashore this Tuesday at Palmares beach, located south of the city of Puerto Vallarta, causing the astonishment of locals. According to fishermen in the area, it is not common to see this species near the beach because they are deep-sea fish, so they believe that some tide brought them to the…