Chiles Rellenos: Chiles rellenos are made of Chile Poblano (Ancho) or Anaheim chiles, with skins removed, dipped in batter, stuffed with cheese or meat and covered with lightly spiced red sauce. Blistering fresh chiles is one of the tricks of the Mexican food Cooking.
Tips for filling Chiles Rellenos
Fillings can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, then brought to room temperature before stuffing chiles.
Fillings should be at room temperature or slightly chilled. If fillings are hot, the juices will flow out and cause the coating to slide off.
Use enough filling to stuff each chile relleno as completely as possible, but not so much that the seam won’t hold together.
6 Fresh Ancho, Pasilla or Anaheim Chiles – or – 27 oz. can Poblano Peppers or Mild Whole Green Chiles
1/2 pound Oaxaca cheese, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Flour
6 Raw eggs (separated)
2 cups salsa verde
2 cups Homestyle Mexican Salsa
1 cup Corn oil
Salt or Mexican Seasoning
1. Rinse the chiles.
2. Preheat your oven to broil.
3. Place the chiles in a 9 x 14 baking dish and place on the top shelf of your oven.
4. Watch and listen closely. When the skins start to make popping sounds and to char and turn black in places, take the chiles out and flip them over. Be sure and use a potholder so you don’t burn your hands!
5. When both sides are fairly evenly charred, remove them from the oven.
6. Wrap each chile in a moist paper towel or place in a sealed plastic bag to steam.
7. After a few minutes, check them. Once the skin comes off easily, peel each chile.
8. Cut a slit almost the full length of each chile. Make a small t across the top, by the stem. Pull out fibers and seeds (this is where the heat is) and replace with a slice of cheese. You can set these aside, for a few minutes or a few hours if you put them in the refrigerator.
9. Whip the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer, until stiff peaks have formed.
10. Heat the oil in a skillet until a drop of water sizzles when dropped into the pan.
11. Beat the egg yolks with one tablespoon flour and salt. Mix the yolks into egg whites and stir until you have a thick paste.
12. Roll the chiles in 1/4 cup flour and dip each one in the egg batter. Coat evenly. Fry, seam side down on both sides until golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain.
13. Meanwhile, heat the salsa in a medium saucepan (either one or some of each). Place one or two Rellenos on each plate and pour salsa over them. Serve them immediately and brace yourself for major compliments!
Scientists have recently developed advanced protocols harnessing the power of exosomes to create a new class of therapeutics to improve the effectiveness of stem cell therapy. In particular, they have developed new protocols for neurological diseases such as Alzheimer´s, Parkinson´s, Autism and Multiple Sclerosis. Read More