The carelessness of a father put the lives of his children at risk when he left the car running with his three kids inside while he entered an event hall in Puerto Vallarta.
The man was driving a silver-colored Honda HRV vehicle, with Jalisco license plates, and parked outside the Salón de la CTM in Pitillal, an event hall, leaving the engine running, he got out and left his children unattended.
An unknown person took advantage of the carelessness to steal the car with the children ages 3, 6, and 8 years old inside.
Shortly after the complaint was made to 911, the police implemented a strong search operation to locate the car.
The carjacker finally released the children on the side of the road and sped through the streets of Puerto Vallarta to escape the manhunt underway.
The subject crashed the vehicle into a house in the Lomas del Coapinole neighborhood but continued his escape at high speeds, where the chase finally ended when he crashed into a Chevrolet Suburban parked on the side of the road.
The elements of Municipal Police arrived at the scene of the events but only found the crashed vehicle, the carjacker fled the scene on foot.
Several units of the Municipal Police arrived at the site, including the Mexican Army, who joined the search operation in the surroundings without success.
Finally, the vehicle was secured and placed at the disposal of the agent of the Public Ministry on duty for an investigation.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- International Space Station captures mesmerizing video of Puerto Vallarta from space Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – People in Puerto Vallarta got a chance to see the Bay of Banderas from space, thanks to the International Space Station’s external cameras that share video as it orbits the earth. Through their Twitter account, @ISSAboveYou, they shared a video of the space station orbiting above Puerto Vallarta and then passing…
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- The age-old question: Is it safe to travel to Mexico? Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – A series of incidents, including taxi driver protests in Cancun while pulling Uber drivers and their passengers out of cars and beating them, and a stray bullet at the Culiacán Airport, have led foreign tourists to question whether it is safe to travel to Mexico, according to The New York Times.…
- At least 4,000 spring breakers expected in Puerto Vallarta this year Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At least 4,000 spring breakers will arrive in Puerto Vallarta this year, bringing with them a significant economic benefit for the destination. This was confirmed by the manager of the office of the Municipal Tourism Directorate, Christian Preciado. “We bring around 4,000 confirmed spring breakers with the holiday period, they are…
- Taxi driver who intentionally ran over a woman and killed her in Puerto Vallarta has been arrested Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – On Sunday afternoon, Érika Noemí Chávez Cruz and her seven-year-old son were at Conchas Chinas beach, in Puerto Vallarta, with her presumed boyfriend, a taxi driver, according to police reports. After the couple has an argument, Érika and her son left on foot. The boyfriend boarded his taxi and ran over…