At just nine years old, Michelle Arellano Guillén, originally from Chiapas, will begin her studies in Medicine at the University of Massachusetts, United States, next August.
Michelle is a child genius, with an IQ of 158, considered highly intelligent, just two points below Albert Einstein; so when she was barely a year and a half old, she already knew how to speak English.
When she was four years old, she learned to read and write; Despite this, her parents thought that it was all because Michelle had received early stimulation since she was a baby.
“I thought it was because I’m also a doctor, we gave her a lot of early stimulation, so I said it was because of that, she learned to read and write at the age of four,” Karina Guillén Cruz, the mother of the minor, told UnoTV.
However, after taking her to specialists who carried out tests to find out her IQ, they were told that she was a gifted girl and although it may seem incredible, this caused her problems to continue studying.
Michelle was rejected from five elementary schools in the state where she is from, since the schools did not have teachers who could guide her and teach her at her own pace, since she is very intelligent and learned her lessons in a matter of hours.
So her parents asked the Ministry of Public Education (SEP) to help Michelle skip grades because she was bored in her classes. Thus, she managed to move from fourth to sixth.
Later, Michelle took an exam to accredit primary school in November 2021, in March 2022 she took another test to finish high school, and last July 4 she finished her high school studies and tested all her knowledge with the Ceneval exam.
Thus, she was accepted to study medicine at the University of Massachusetts, United States, where she plans to become a cardiovascular surgeon; she also dreams of finding a cure for cancer or autism.
She even knows the operating rooms and the hospital very well, since her mother is a surgeon and has taken Michelle to the operating room on different occasions.
But this is not all, because she would also like to pursue another career to become a marine biologist since she said in an interview for UnoTV that she really likes animals; besides playing dolls and sports.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…
- Enrique de Allende presents ‘Romanza’ Valentine’s Day concert at Hacienda Palo Maria Popular Mexican vocalist, Enrique de Allende presents Romanza, with an incredible night of romantic music on Valentine’s Day, February 14th from 7 to 11 pm at Hacienda Palo Maria, just 12 minutes south of Zona Romantica. This thrilling evening of music, food and entertainment is a superb way to celebrate your special day of love…