Thursday morning a plan to try to capture Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, better known as ” El Mencho ”, was launched by military forces in Mexico, which led to the blockade of federal highway 200 in Tomatlan, located about 100 kilometers south of Puerto Vallarta.
Bridges and roads of most of the towns in the area were also blocked by cartel to try to prevent the advance of troops of the Marine Infantry, who carried out the search operation of the leader of the Jalisco Cartel Nueva Generación (CJNG) ) that moves through the southern zone of Jalisco, according to intelligence reports.
According to Jorge Misael López Muro, public security commissioner in the municipality, Puerto Vallarta is safe and the operation did not touch the tourist destination.
He said he does not consider that Puerto Vallarta is in any kind of risk, “There was a confrontation between civilians and the Navy in that area, but we have a security fence guarding the municipality, it seems that the situation is already controlled, then there is nothing to worry about in our beautiful port”.
He explained that the security fence is the plan to be aware of any dangerous situation that could occur at the entrances to the municipality, so they have had elements that remain vigilant, which would give notice before a danger so that the public security police do the pertinent thing to safeguard the security of the inhabitants of Puerto Vallarta.
He stressed that this type of operation seeks to avoid the so-called “cockroach effect”, although he reiterated that this possibility is not considered and, on the contrary, he said, everything is very calm and they have not received any kind of report.
“Even as I have the report, the issue has not even entered the municipality of Cabo Corrientes,” he said, so he also said that the people of Puerto Vallarta as well as tourists, can feel calm.
At the same time, he said, this violence was in the municipality of Tomatlan but not in the municipalities closest to this area and therefore there is no danger to citizens and insisted, for visitors who are already in the destination, there is no risk.
“We have many visitors in our port since we continue to be in the Top Ten of the safest cities in Mexico, we can rest assured, we continue with that security we have had so far, we hope to continue and we have to work, safeguarding the integrity of our inhabitants, is an instruction that our municipal president has given us and we have to work very hard “.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here