Another unfortunate death was recorded in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, where a 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead inside his hotel room at the Blue Chairs Hotel on Los Muertos Beach.
It was announced that the man apparently died of natural causes, however, as there was no direct relative who could officially identify him, the Public Ministry agent ordered the transfer of the lifeless body to the SEMEFO facilities, where it would remain in custody until officially identified.
The municipal authorities announced that the report was received by the emergency numbers shortly after 9:00 p.m. when they were told about a person who had died inside the Blue Chairs Hotel, located on Malecón street. at the intersection with Almendro, where the elements of the Municipal Police went to verify the report.
Upon arrival, they met with the person in charge of the reception, who stated that indeed a male person of foreign origin had died inside the hotel, in room number 702.
The hotel manager reported that paramedics from a private company were already at the scene, who were resuscitating the person, however, he did not react, therefore they notified the municipal authorities.
The elements of the Municipal Police were informed that it is a foreigner named John Clarke, 71 years old, who was originally from Texas, who was lying on the floor, where he was located by his friend Eduardo 70 years old.
It was said that moments before, Eduardo had gone down to eat, however, not finding the restaurant open, he returned to the room, which is when he found his friend lying on the floor, so he immediately began to ask for help.
Elements of the Investigative Police attended the scene together with experts from Forensic Services, who took charge of the lifeless body, which they transferred to the SEMEFO facilities where the legal process of an autopsy will be completed.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- International Space Station captures mesmerizing video of Puerto Vallarta from space Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – People in Puerto Vallarta got a chance to see the Bay of Banderas from space, thanks to the International Space Station’s external cameras that share video as it orbits the earth. Through their Twitter account, @ISSAboveYou, they shared a video of the space station orbiting above Puerto Vallarta and then passing…
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- The age-old question: Is it safe to travel to Mexico? Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – A series of incidents, including taxi driver protests in Cancun while pulling Uber drivers and their passengers out of cars and beating them, and a stray bullet at the Culiacán Airport, have led foreign tourists to question whether it is safe to travel to Mexico, according to The New York Times.…
- At least 4,000 spring breakers expected in Puerto Vallarta this year Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At least 4,000 spring breakers will arrive in Puerto Vallarta this year, bringing with them a significant economic benefit for the destination. This was confirmed by the manager of the office of the Municipal Tourism Directorate, Christian Preciado. “We bring around 4,000 confirmed spring breakers with the holiday period, they are…
- Taxi driver who intentionally ran over a woman and killed her in Puerto Vallarta has been arrested Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – On Sunday afternoon, Érika Noemí Chávez Cruz and her seven-year-old son were at Conchas Chinas beach, in Puerto Vallarta, with her presumed boyfriend, a taxi driver, according to police reports. After the couple has an argument, Érika and her son left on foot. The boyfriend boarded his taxi and ran over…