A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Escuinapa and south to Cabo Corrientes, including Puerto Vallarta, due to the passing of Tropical Storm Pamela.
A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area within 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Pamela is expected to strengthen to a category 1 hurricane in the overnight hours of Monday and early morning Tuesday. Pamela is forecasted to intensify rapidly on Tuesday and make landfall as a major hurricane in Sinaloa.
Puerto Vallarta is located on the southern edge of the warning area and could experience high seas and rains through Tuesday as the storm passes the coast of Jalisco.
Storm surge is expected to produce significant coastal flooding in areas of onshore winds near where the center of Pamela makes landfall in southwestern Mexico. Near the coast, the surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves.
Hurricane conditions are expected within the Hurricane Warning area by late Tuesday night or early Wednesday, with tropical storm conditions beginning as early as Tuesday evening. Tropical storm conditions are possible within the Tropical Storm Watch area in Baja California del Sur by Tuesday afternoon.
Through Thursday, Pamela is expected to produce the following rainfall amounts:
Across the Mexican States of Sinaloa and western Durango…4 to 8 inches with isolated maximum totals of 12 inches. This rainfall may trigger significant and life-threatening flash flooding and mudslides.
Across southern portions of Baja California Sur…2 to 4 inches with isolated maximum totals of 6 inches.
Across portions of central Texas and southeastern Oklahoma…2 to 4 inches with isolated maximum totals of 6 inches.
Swells generated by Pamela will affect portions of the southern Baja California peninsula and southwestern and west-central mainland Mexico beginning Tuesday. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- With another confirmed case of Monkeypox, Puerto Vallarta has the most cases in Mexico The number of monkeypox infections rose in the state of Jalisco after the Jalisco Health Secretariat ( SSJ ) announced the confirmation of two new cases. According to SSJ, these are two men over forty years of age. At the same time, they reported that no suspicious cases have been registered. The health authorities announced…
- Journalist Susana Carreño in serious condition after being attacked in Puerto Vallarta Journalist Susana Carreño was stabbed in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, after an alleged assault, and her health status is reported as fair to serious, after being hospitalized. According to the Jalisco Prosecutor’s Office, the journalist was with another person when she was approached by several subjects who took her belongings and the vehicle in which she…
- Journalists from Jalisco denied that the attack on Susana Carreño was a random assault On July 1, the attack on journalist Susana Carreño, who is the director of Radio Universidad in Puerto Vallarta, was recorded. The authorities detailed that it was an alleged assault and the journalist was stabbed during a robbery attempt. During the afternoon, the Governor of the State of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro, reported through his official…
- Bank robbery in Marina Vallarta leads to police chase and shootings from Jalisco to Nayarit The robbery at a bank branch ended in a chase by the municipal police of Puerto Vallarta, the National Guard (GN), and the Navy from Jalisco to Nayarit. After the report of the robbery at the bank located in Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, the authorities began the operation to find the armed individuals…
- The sale of migrant slaves to American ranchers is a multi-million dollar business Like cattle, dozens, perhaps hundreds, of undocumented migrants are “bought” by ranchers from the United States on a daily basis, in a modern slavery scheme. An investigation carried out by the newspaper Milenio, based on the consultation of judicial documents housed in the American courts, reveals that a criminal organization that is dedicated to the…