The United States Embassy and Consulates in Mexico asked their citizens who live along the coast of west-central Mexico and the Marías Islands— including the popular tourist areas of Puerto Vallarta, the Riviera Nayarit, and Mazatlán— to monitor the progress of Roslyn, follow the instructions of local authorities and be prepared to seek shelter in the event of an emergency.
On its website, it was reported that the National Hurricane Center predicts that ” Roslyn” will have a force similar to that of a major hurricane when, on Saturday, October 22, and Sunday, October 23, it reaches Mexican coasts.
- Monitor local media for updates; follow the instructions of local officials and, in an emergency, call 911.
- Seek shelter, if necessary.
- Flights could be affected. Check with airlines for updates.
- Monitor the National Hurricane Center and Mexico’s National Meteorological Service (Servicio Meteorológico Nacional) for updates on storm activity and emergency response.
- Keep friends and loved ones informed via phone, text, and social media; report that the situation is in order whenever possible.
Roslyn is moving toward the north near 10 mph (17 km/h). This general motion should continue tonight, followed by a faster motion toward the north-northeast on Sunday. On the forecast track, the center of Roslyn will approach the coast of west-central Mexico, likely making landfall along the coast of the Mexican state of Nayarit Sunday
Maximum sustained winds are near 130 mph (215 km/h) with higher gusts. Roslyn is a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Although some weakening could occur tonight, Roslyn is expected to be at or near major hurricane strength when it makes landfall on Sunday.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 30 miles (45 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles (130 km).
- The Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that thanks to the restoration work, it was possible to recover the electricity supply to 97% of the users […]
- Three people died due to Hurricane Roslyn, which made landfall yesterday as a category 3 in the community of Santa Cruz, municipality of Santiago Ixcuintla, […]
- At 8:00 PM local time, Civil Protection placed Puerto Vallarta under Code Red warning, the maximum amount of possible danger due to a storm. Hurricane […]
- The United States Embassy and Consulates in Mexico asked their citizens who live along the coast of west-central Mexico and the Marías Islands— including the […]
- Authorities of the three levels of Government continue to be alert and working on preventive actions in order to safeguard the well-being of the population […]
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Guadalupe pilgrimages begin in Puerto Vallarta The pilgrimages to the parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San José began in Puerto Vallarta, which this year expects more than 400 processions during the decade. According to the head of the Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San José, Alberto Aldana López, the influx of parishioners is estimated when activities resume…
- Mexico’s minimum wage increased to $10.50 USD for an 8-hour workday Mexico declared a 20% increase in the country’s daily minimum wage Thursday. Starting next year, the basic minimum wage will be 207 pesos, or about $10.50, for an eight-hour day. That’s up from the current level of 172 pesos, or about $8.80 per day. Stubbornly high inflation, however, is expected to eat into that increase.…
- Police officer arrested for the murder of his girlfriend in Puerto Vallarta After months of investigations, the Special Regional Prosecutor’s Office of District VIII, in Jalisco, announced the arrest of a police officer from the State of Mexico who is accused of murdering his girlfriend and fellow police officer while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta.
- The commission of missing persons organized a search to find dozens of missing people in Puerto Vallarta The Commission for the Search for Persons of the State of Jalisco, implemented an operational deployment for three days in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta with dozens of relatives of people who have gone missing in Puerto Vallarta. During Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week, various search actions were carried out, with the intention…
- Puerto Vallarta ranks third worldwide in the top 10 global beach destinations that grew tourism in 2022 According to a list of tourist arrivals by air prepared by the firm specializing in data analytics, Forward Keys, and released at the World Travel and Tourism Council ( WTTC ) the Top Ten Global destinations with the highest growth include Puerto Vallarta and two other Mexican destinations. San José del Cabo, in Baja California…