Authorities of the three levels of Government continue to be alert and working on preventive actions in order to safeguard the well-being of the population on the Jalisco Coast due to the passage of hurricane “Roslyn”, which remains in category 4.
For this reason, within the official preventive phase of the State Unit for Civil Protection and Firefighters of Jalisco (UEPCBJ) they have evacuated 270 people from the municipality of La Huerta; 33 of these were provided assistance in shelters within this municipality, and the rest of the people decided to go with close relatives.
So far DIF Jalisco has enabled two shelters in the Municipality of La Huerta and five in Puerto Vallarta, all of them have the necessary supplies for the stay of those who choose to stay in these facilities.
Preventive actions continue throughout the Coast, officers from the Puerto Vallarta Regional Command, were deployed by land and by sea to go to communities that only have maritime access such as Yelapa, Quimixto, Aquiles Serdan, Chimo, Mayto, and Pizota to start with evacuation work.
It is estimated that the center of the storm is passing in front of Puerto Vallarta during the early hours of this Sunday, so for the population that lives in the area, it is extremely important to attend to the security measures issued by both State and municipal Civil Protection authorities, such as:
1) Stay at home and only go out in case of emergency.
2) Avoid traveling during the most critical hours on the highways of the regions.
3) The population with houses and buildings that are near or on the sides of rivers and streams, are asked to remain alert to instructions from the authorities to evacuate if necessary.
In addition to the above, it is recalled that the beaches will remain closed today, and according to weather conditions on Sunday. Mountain activities such as cycling, motorcycles, ATVs, and razers, are also suspended during the weekend.
For tourists in Puerto Vallarta, it is recommended that they stay informed through the internal Civil Protection Units of the hotel complexes and also through the corresponding authorities.
The population is invited to take extreme precautions and stay informed about the passage of “Roslyn” through official channels, as well as to avoid misinformation, in case of any emergency, dial 911.
- The Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that thanks to the restoration work, it was possible to recover the electricity supply to 97% of the users […]
- Three people died due to Hurricane Roslyn, which made landfall yesterday as a category 3 in the community of Santa Cruz, municipality of Santiago Ixcuintla, […]
- At 8:00 PM local time, Civil Protection placed Puerto Vallarta under Code Red warning, the maximum amount of possible danger due to a storm. Hurricane […]
- The United States Embassy and Consulates in Mexico asked their citizens who live along the coast of west-central Mexico and the Marías Islands— including the […]
- Authorities of the three levels of Government continue to be alert and working on preventive actions in order to safeguard the well-being of the population […]
Subscribe here for as low as .08 cents per day to access more content, and browse the site with fewer ads, all while supporting independent local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Federal Government stops construction on eight more real estate developments in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection (Profepa) has closed eight more construction projects in Puerto Vallarta for not submitting environmental impact authorization from the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Semarnat).
- Life in Puerto Vallarta – History, Culture, Food, Beaches, and more Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful coastal city in Mexico that has become a popular tourist destination over the years. With its warm weather, beautiful beaches, and lively culture, Puerto Vallarta offers a unique experience for both locals and visitors alike. In this essay, we will explore what life in Puerto Vallarta…
- Puerto Vallarta considered a main trafficking route for fentanyl Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the Secretary of National Defense (Sedena), the entry route for fentanyl and chemical precursors for its production, as the president said today, is the Pacific and, fundamentally, ports like Lázaro Cárdenas, in Michoacán, and Puerto Vallarta, in Jalisco.
- At least four police officers under investigation in Puerto Vallarta for extortion of tourists and abuse of power Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At least four police officers are being investigated for police abuse in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, while more elements are being investigated by the judicial authority. According to Commissioner Rigoberto Flores Parra, the four police officers investigated by the corporation are for extortion, excessive use of force, and abuse of authority, including…
- Extortion, Rape, and Assualt are on the rise in Puerto Vallarta according to the ‘Criminal Traffic Light’ Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the latest ‘Criminal Traffic Light’, a system used to track crime in Jalsico, Puerto Vallarta is failing in five areas of crime with growth in extortion, rape, assault, vehicle theft, and business robberies. In the latest update evaluating crime in February, Puerto Vallarta received five red marks, two yellow…