In order to guarantee the best interests of children, as well as the right to live with the family, the adoption of a minor under 5 years of age, a ward of the State, was granted, who on July 13 was registered as the first child in Jalisco to be adopted by a same-sex couple.
On February 15, 2021, the process began with Palmira Martínez Gallardo and Gabriela Flores Castro, and the adoption judgment in favor by the Judge was posted on May 24; On July 13, the child obtained a birth certificate with the surnames of both mothers.
The minor was a victim of abandonment two days after birth and in the absence of family members who would claim guardianship, the child was placed in the care of the Public Ministry in a shelter in November 2015. In March 2018, the minor was placed at the disposal of the Office of the Attorney for the Protection of Children and Adolescents (PPNNA). Subsequently, in January 2020, the 10th Family Court granted institutional guardianship.
It was there that the child was put into foster care with Palmira and Gabriela, volunteers from the institution and who expressed their interest in adopting the child; After complying with all the legal and administrative requirements, they were suitable for adoption, a process that with the issuance of their birth certificate makes them the first same-sex adoption resolution in Jalisco.
- Secretary of Transportation of Jalisco says review of Puerto Vallarta’s public transport is needed Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Secretary of Transportation of Jalisco, Diego Monraz Villaseñor, recognized that urban collective transport in Puerto Vallarta is not working as they had hoped and therefore a review will be made to determine if the number of buses in the city is sufficient.
- The search for Canadian who went missing in Puerto Vallarta in 2018 resumes Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – On October 26, 2018, 69-year-old Canadian citizen Malcom Robert Angus Madson disappeared in Puerto Vallarta. He was last seen at a popular bar in the Romantic Zone with his girlfriend, whom they now nicknamed the “Black Widow”, since then his whereabouts have been unknown. That night, the Canadian went to the…
- A significant number of American Spring Breakers will arrive in Puerto Vallarta despite travel alerts Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – A significant number of Spring Breakers and other tourists from the United States will arrive in Puerto Vallarta over the Spring Break and Easter holiday period, despite the alert by authorities in the United States, said the Secretary of Tourism, Vanessa Pérez Lamas.
- I asked an AI Chatbot about Puerto Vallarta, and this was the response Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – We have all heard of AI chatbots in recent headlines, but most of us probably don’t really know what they are. Imagine if Siri could write you a college essay or Alexa could give you a Shakespearean-style movie review. In December 2022, OpenAI opened up access to ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence…
- Finding the best vacation rental in Puerto Vallarta (and not fall for a scam) Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a popular tourist destination located on the Pacific coast of Mexico. It is known for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and cultural attractions. There are several vacation rentals available in Puerto Vallarta, ranging from apartments and condos to villas and beachfront homes. Some popular areas to consider for…