They called him El Chopa or Señor de Vallarta. Saúl “N”, one of the heads of the powerful Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) was killed on Friday afternoon during a confrontation with federal forces in Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive areas of the state of Jalisco.
According to official information, El Chopa was traveling with his escort identified as El Moi, who was unharmed by the armed attack and was transferred to the Attorney General’s Office in Guadalajara by helicopter.
The authorities had been on the heels of the capo for three months, who is linked to the murder of the former governor of Jalisco, Aristóteles Sandoval , on December 18, 2020.
But on Friday afternoon, the National Guard no longer gave him a choice. A wide deployment of agents of the corporation broke into the area of high influence of the criminal organization. The leader of the cartel in Puerto Vallarta welcomed the National Guard with machine gun bursts, which led to a confrontation.
Chopa and his escort were arrested; however, Saul required hospitalization for gunshot wounds. Later, IMSS personnel, located on Melchor Ocampo Avenue, reported the death of Chopa.
In social networks, users shared a wide deployment of armed forces outside the clinic, which raised the alarms of the population. They also shared videos of the shooting.
El Chopa was not just anyone. His power extended from South America to the United States, he was also considered a high-ranking capo within the CJNG and compadre of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, El Mencho, top leader of the criminal group.
Among his functions was to coordinate the financial aspect of Mencho, as well as the supply of weapons and tactical equipment to criminal cells with a presence in the states of Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Zacatecas, and San Luis Potosí.
Just last Wednesday, the federal authorities announced that Chopa was in the same bar where Sandoval Díaz was executed.
According to the details, the capo and the former president were sitting at adjacent tables in the Distrito 5 bar, owned by businessman José Manuel Sánchez Cruz, Manu Vaquita, who was arrested last week for ordering the site to be cleaned after the murder and before police had arrived to begin an investigation.
Sandoval entered the business at 10:00 p.m. on December 17, accompanied by two men and a woman. He sat, as can be seen in videos, next to a criminal leader identified as El Chopa, who at 12:30 am, left the site to meet in a pharmacy with a couple of men, who were traveling aboard a vehicle seen during Sandoval’s execution.
At 1:21 a.m., the politician went to the bathroom that was on the first floor of the bar and when going down the stairs a subject approached him and shot him three times, hitting him in the neck and back.
Sandoval was taken to a hospital by his escort; however, he was pronounced dead on arrival. At around 1:39 a.m., the cleaning of the bar began on the instructions of Manu Vaquita.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Hurricane Orlene expected to bring intense rains, winds, and waves to Puerto Vallarta on Saturday On Saturday and Sunday, Hurricane Orlene will move as a hurricane to the north-northeast, along the coast of Mexico, with a probable path towards Sinaloa, where its center could impact as a tropical storm on Monday. On its way, it’s expected to become a hurricane and will cause a probability of intense rains in Sinaloa,…
- The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta, where it currently coordinates its main operations. In addition, it has managed to expand to practically the entire national territory, through the franchise model, just as “Los Zetas” did, first-level authorities from the federal security cabinet revealed. From this tourist destination, this…
- Hurricane Orlene could be the closest hurricane to the Puerto Vallarta coast of the season Subscribers, login to your dashboard for the latest update on Tropical Storm Orlene. (last updated at 8:00 PM local time). Or Subscribe to PVDN to keep up with all the important news in Puerto Vallarta. Tropical Storm Orlene is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph (20 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue…
- Car crash in Puerto Vallarta leads to the discovery of a bagged body in the trunk What began as a car crash in Puerto Vallarta ended with the discovery of a bagged body that was in one of the vehicles involved in the accident. The events occurred on State Road 544 which leads to Puerto Vallarta from Mascota and San Sebastián del Oeste, where a red pickup truck and a dark-colored…
- Goodbye summer time: Congressional committee in Mexico passes bill to eliminate time changes Spring forward, Fall back could become a thing for the history books in Mexico next year as the slow gears of lawmaking have finally reached their last push and time changes in Mexico could officially end next June with a full congressional vote. This year, on October 30, at 2:00 am, Mexico will set clocks…