This video is exclusive content for PVDN Supporters. If you wish to gain access to PVDN exclusive content, join today! More details here (If you are currently a PVDN Supporter, check your email for the latest News Brief)
In this news brief:
The United States tourism industry awarded Puerto Vallarta in four categories with the Travvy Awards 2021. Known as the “Academy Awards of the travel industry”, with first places in Best Tourism Office in Mexico, Culinary Destination of Mexico, and Honeymoon Destination of Mexico, and second place in Best Destination in Mexico. The seventh edition of the Travvy Awards took place Thursday at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Florida and was organized by Northstar Travel Group.
Read full story: https://www.vallartadaily.com/puerto-vallarta-wins-four-categories-at-the-travvy-awards/
The COVID-19 vaccination for 15 to 17-year-olds has arrived in Mexico. The Government announced that the registration for this age group is now open. Families in Mexico have long demanded the vaccination of children under 18 years of age, especially since the face-to-face classes returned. The government refused for some time, arguing that children were not a population at risk.
Read full story: https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexico-begins-covid-19-vaccination-of-minors-between-15-and-17-years-of-age/
The Mexican government has dealt a severe blow to the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel with the arrest of Rosalinda González Valencia, the wife of the group’s leader, Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, known as El Mencho. This is the latest arrest within the circle of El Mencho to apply pressure to the group’s leadership. The United States recently announced a $10 million dollar reward for information leading to his arrest.
Read full story: https://www.vallartadaily.com/wife-of-jalisco-nueva-generacion-cartel-leader-arrested-in-jalisco/
Trending news on PVDN
- American tourist in Puerto Vallarta goes too far to immerse himself in Mexican Culture Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – In a bizarre incident, an American tourist was found roaming the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico dressed as a giant taco, claiming to be “living his best life.” Eyewitnesses reported that the tourist, whose identity has not been revealed, was spotted wandering around the popular tourist destination in a taco costume,…
- Protest in Puerto Vallarta affected 682 tourists and 32 flights Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The protest and road blockade on Puerto Vallarta’s most important highway resulted in the cancellation of 32 flights and affected more than 600 people.
- Protests in Puerto Vallarta will not stop vehicle inspections, government blames corruption Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Most foreigners are used to the idea that their state requires vehicle emissions tests, but new laws in Jalisco, where Puerto Vallarta is located, that require these tests in the state, turned into protests that caused road chaos and caused tourists to miss flights. The protest and outrage from tourists didn’t…
- Crime in Puerto Vallarta increases 52% compared to last year Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Despite being considered one of the safest destinations in the country, Puerto Vallarta has seen a surge in crime in the first few months of this year.
- Meet Puerto Vallarta’s cleanest beaches for the Easter holidays Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – This week the Jalisco health authorities announced which Puerto Vallarta beaches have been found suitable for bathers after monitoring prior to Holy Week and Easter. Commissioner Denis Santiago Hernández reported that the ten indicated beaches meet the requirements established by Cofepris by having 200 or fewer enterococci per 100 milliliters of…