Intense rain recorded on Tuesday night left numerous damages in various parts of Puerto Vallarta, according to the Civil Protection and Fire Department.
Fallen trees in different parts of the city, uncovered sewers, some houses affected by flooding, several short circuits; support to the Regional Hospital due to water leaks, and the overflow of the canal in the Parque las Palmas subdivision, are some of the reports attended by personnel after the storm registered on Tuesday night.
The Puerto Vallarta Regional Hospital was flooded by yesterday’s storm. According to what was reported by the Municipal Civil Protection Directorate, various leaks caused flooding inside the hospital, so they responded to the call.
Guard elements carried out tours to monitor the levels of rivers and streams, with no major incidents reported so far.
According to meteorologist Víctor Manuel Cornejo López, last night’s rains were well above normal, with the exception of areas such as Las Palmas where there was a record of 25.6 mm/m2.
Those where the parameters were exceeded were Ixtapa with 124.8 mm/m2, followed by Joyas with 64.2, Centro with 56.6, and Bomberos with 47.2.
Tropical Storm Frank will bring more rain to Jalisco
Although Tropical Storm Frank moves away from the Mexican coast in the Pacific, it will still affect the territory with high waves, strong winds, and rains.
According to the forecast of the National Weather Service, the storm could intensify and become a category 1 hurricane. However, by then it will be located more than a thousand kilometers from the coast.
The states where there will be more rain are Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Morelos, Puebla, State of Mexico, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Veracruz.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Mexico’s most dangerous volcano reported 120 exhalations in the past day The Popocatépetl volcano reported 120 exhalations in the last day, according to daily monitoring carried out by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (Cenapred) together with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…