A man and teenager were dragged out to sea Friday night by the strong waves of Playa del Holly, in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, one of them managing to get out, while the other, just 15 years old, was dragged out to sea.
It was at 9:45 p.m. on Friday that the help of the lifeguards was requested because two young people had been pulled out by the sea and one of them was still missing.
Minutes later, elements of the PV-351 municipal patrol arrived in the area and met with 38-year-old William Arriaga Reyes, who said he had managed to make his way back to shore, however, his companion did not have the same fate despite his efforts.
The missing person has been identified by his mother as Erick Abraham Duarte Elvira, who was said to be originally from the state of Veracruz but living in the La Floresta neighborhood of Puerto Vallarta.
Due to rough seas Friday night, the work had to be suspended both at sea and on land by order of Commander Bobadilla of Civil Protection.
The search work was resumed at 8:30 Saturday morning around Playa del Holly by officer Mario Ramírez and a team of five rescuers, and on Sunday at 11:00 AM after two days of searching, the body was recovered.
Subscribe here for as low as .08 cents per day to access more content, and browse the site with fewer ads, all while supporting independent local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Federal Government stops construction on eight more real estate developments in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection (Profepa) has closed eight more construction projects in Puerto Vallarta for not submitting environmental impact authorization from the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Semarnat).
- Life in Puerto Vallarta – History, Culture, Food, Beaches, and more Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful coastal city in Mexico that has become a popular tourist destination over the years. With its warm weather, beautiful beaches, and lively culture, Puerto Vallarta offers a unique experience for both locals and visitors alike. In this essay, we will explore what life in Puerto Vallarta…
- I asked an AI Chatbot about Puerto Vallarta, and this was the response Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – We have all heard of AI chatbots in recent headlines, but most of us probably don’t really know what they are. Imagine if Siri could write you a college essay or Alexa could give you a Shakespearean-style movie review. In December 2022, OpenAI opened up access to ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence…
- Puerto Vallarta considered a main trafficking route for fentanyl Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the Secretary of National Defense (Sedena), the entry route for fentanyl and chemical precursors for its production, as the president said today, is the Pacific and, fundamentally, ports like Lázaro Cárdenas, in Michoacán, and Puerto Vallarta, in Jalisco.
- Extortion, Rape, and Assualt are on the rise in Puerto Vallarta according to the ‘Criminal Traffic Light’ Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the latest ‘Criminal Traffic Light’, a system used to track crime in Jalsico, Puerto Vallarta is failing in five areas of crime with growth in extortion, rape, assault, vehicle theft, and business robberies. In the latest update evaluating crime in February, Puerto Vallarta received five red marks, two yellow…