Hospital occupation by Covid-19 in Puerto Vallarta is at the limit.
According to data from the IRAG Network, the four public hospitals in Puerto Vallarta are at 100 percent capacity in beds with ventilators: Hospital 42 of the IMSS; the ISSSTE, the Regional, and the Naval.
Jaime Álvarez Zayas, director of the Eighth Sanitary Region, to which Puerto Vallarta belongs, pointed out that the occupation of respiratory mechanical assistance devices is variable since in the morning there may be spaces and three hours later it will be at 100 percent.
“Patients arrive, they go on a ventilator, others die and the ventilator is vacated, the ventilators are very variable, right now we are at 98 percent, but the same patients who are already hospitalized may require intubation and go on to a ventilator” he explained.
From the first week of July, he added, an increase in hospital occupancy in Puerto Vallarta began to be noticed and remains on the rise.
“We have patients of all ages, but the one that prevails is the group between 18 to 35 years old, 36 percent, and they were not vaccinated,” he stressed.
The director of the health region acknowledged that they have had to refer some patients to other hospitals to take pressure off the regional hospital and have availability for those who require it.
“We have had to refer patients to give them the opportunity for specialized treatment, we have sent them to Guadalajara, there are others that we transfer to other municipalities such as Mascota, and we clear and add beds to always have care capacity,” he said.
Governor Enrique Alfaro acknowledged on Tuesday that there is pressure on the capacity to care, so 12 more beds were added at Regional to care for people affected by the virus.
These beds are general places, for patients who are stable and who, although they still require oxygen, the supply is low, Álvarez Zayas explained.
“They are for patients who are not seriously ill, who are stable and who require an oxygen supply of 5 liters, that is why we use oxygen concentrators, they are patients who are about to be discharged.”
Receive the PVDN newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, Become a Sponsor here.Or if you would like to make a one-time donation to show support for independent news make a donation here.
The space, located in the Training Center in Colonia IPIDE, in Ixtapa, is already enabled, although it is not occupied.
“This area has not been used because we do not yet have the need to send patients, we are waiting, at any time, for the Regional Hospital to tell us that it has to refer patients to send them there,” added Álvarez Zayas.
Currently, in the entire State, according to the Jalisco Radar System, there are 1,192 patients hospitalized, the highest number since February.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Jalisco New Generation Cartel hitman arrested in Puerto Vallarta Agents from the Secretary of National Defense were part of an operation in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, land of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) in which they arrested an alleged hitman from the group linked to organized crime. At approximately 4:00 in the morning, they reported that a large number of elements, vehicles,…
- Coronavirus in Mexico as of January 22, 2022 This Saturday, January 22, the Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cutoff at 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time), 4,646,957 total accumulated cases have been confirmed in the country since the beginning of the pandemic. As for the number of deaths, to date, a total of 303,085 deaths were reported. With these numbers, in…
- Two Canadians killed in shooting at Xcaret hotel in Quintana Roo Two Canadians were killed Friday and one more wounded in a shooting at a hotel along Mexico’s Caribbean coast, state authorities said. Quintana Roo state security chief Lucio Hernández said via Twitter that authorities were searching for a Hotel Xcaret guest in the shooting. He shared a photo of a man walking with a handgun.…
- Omicron makes up 90% of all new cases in Puerto Vallarta The municipalities of Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta lead the rebound in cases of COVID-19 in Jalisco and are the ones with the highest circulation of the omicron variant; explained the researcher Víctor Manuel González Romero, detailed that the behavior of greater circulation of the virus is maintained where there is a greater concentration of people.…
- Hundreds of dead fish wash ashore in Puerto Vallarta Hundreds of fish washed ashore this Tuesday at Palmares beach, located south of the city of Puerto Vallarta, causing the astonishment of locals. According to fishermen in the area, it is not common to see this species near the beach because they are deep-sea fish, so they believe that some tide brought them to the…