Once again, one more cruise with people infected with Covid 19 arrives in Puerto Vallarta.
This time, It is Carnival Panorama, of the Carnival Cruises line, which arrived Monday morning at Pier 1 of the Integral Port Administration at 8:30; However, the cruise line alerted the Port about the situation and the corresponding protocols were implemented.
There are at least 30 people from the crew who are infected and in total about 100 in quarantine, according to the health authorities in Puerto Vallarta.
The corresponding tests and protocols are being carried out onboard the cruise ship and if any of the passengers wanted to descend, they would first have to confirm that they are not infected with the results of an antigen test, highlighted Jaime Álvarez Zayas, director of the Eighth Health Region of the Jalisco Health Secretariat based in Puerto Vallarta.
With this cruise, there are two cruises that arrived in Puerto Vallarta with personnel infected with Covid 19 in less than a week, so the biosafety protocols continue and are being redoubled by the authorities.
Jalisco is expecting a 400% increase in COVID-19 infections during the month of January due to holiday vacations in December and no travel restrictions.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- Investigation opened into taxi driver who intentionally hit and killed a woman in Puerto Vallarta The State Prosecutor’s Office is conducting investigations under the femicide protocol with a gender perspective, to clarify the facts which a woman lost her life due to being run over by a taxi, in what is believed to be intentional, in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, yesterday, January 29, 2023, at approximately 8:09 p.m.
- Documentary, Malcom is Missing, takes you inside a daughter’s journey to find her father who went missing in Puerto Vallarta On Oct. 27, 2018, 68-year-old Canadian Malcom Madsen disappeared in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, having last been seen at a bar with his girlfriend, Marcela Acosta Ramos. The documentary, Malcom is Missing, takes you inside his daughter’s journey to find out what happened to her father. Madsen was a frequent traveller to Mexico, described by his…
- Mexico outsources justice in its most high-profile cases to the United States The Federal Prosecutor’s Office for the Eastern District of New York has become an outsourcing agency for the Mexican government, since at least in the last five years, drug traffickers and high-profile criminals, who were not prosecuted for their crimes in Mexico, have been brought to trial and sentenced in the United States. The trial…
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.