Story updated 8/11/2021 – 2:44 am
A residence in the Playa Los Muertos area of Puerto Vallarta lost part of its foundations after a landslide at a construction site.
You should read the latest information here
The collapse was reported to the Jalisco Civil Protection and Firefighters Unit via the 911 emergency number, who received the report of a collapse in Calle Privada Herradura, at its junction with Santa Bárbara, in front of the sculpture of the Seahorse.
When local and state firefighters arrived, they located a house that overlooks the beach with part of its foundation collapsed, the landslide also caused damage to the water and drainage connections of the property. There were no injuries, but two neighboring properties were evacuated.
Officials were already on the scene before the collapse was reported due to an earlier call about a sinkhole in the area, giving an early warning about the collapse.
“The collapse was due to the softening of the land due to the last rains that have been registered, there are no injuries, but the inhabitants of 2 neighboring properties that are at risk of collapse had to be evacuated,” a municipal authority reported.
Receive the PVDN newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, Become a Sponsor here.Or if you would like to make a one-time donation to show support for independent news make a donation here.
“The collapse was inside a construction that was closed, so there were no human losses. At this time, they continue to evaluate the situation to see if there is a need to take other actions,” he added.
An investigation to determine the cause of the landslide will be the responsibility of the public works department in Puerto Vallarta. At this time, no cause has been determined through an investigation.
This story has been updated to reflect ongoing developments.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Jalisco New Generation Cartel hitman arrested in Puerto Vallarta Agents from the Secretary of National Defense were part of an operation in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, land of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) in which they arrested an alleged hitman from the group linked to organized crime. At approximately 4:00 in the morning, they reported that a large number of elements, vehicles,…
- Coronavirus in Mexico as of January 22, 2022 This Saturday, January 22, the Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cutoff at 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time), 4,646,957 total accumulated cases have been confirmed in the country since the beginning of the pandemic. As for the number of deaths, to date, a total of 303,085 deaths were reported. With these numbers, in…
- Two Canadians killed in shooting at Xcaret hotel in Quintana Roo Two Canadians were killed Friday and one more wounded in a shooting at a hotel along Mexico’s Caribbean coast, state authorities said. Quintana Roo state security chief Lucio Hernández said via Twitter that authorities were searching for a Hotel Xcaret guest in the shooting. He shared a photo of a man walking with a handgun.…
- Omicron makes up 90% of all new cases in Puerto Vallarta The municipalities of Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta lead the rebound in cases of COVID-19 in Jalisco and are the ones with the highest circulation of the omicron variant; explained the researcher Víctor Manuel González Romero, detailed that the behavior of greater circulation of the virus is maintained where there is a greater concentration of people.…
- Hundreds of dead fish wash ashore in Puerto Vallarta Hundreds of fish washed ashore this Tuesday at Palmares beach, located south of the city of Puerto Vallarta, causing the astonishment of locals. According to fishermen in the area, it is not common to see this species near the beach because they are deep-sea fish, so they believe that some tide brought them to the…