Economic support arrives for people affected by Hurricane Nora in Puerto Vallarta


A total of $2,278,300 pesos was provided by the government for economic support to families that were affected by the severe rains, strong winds, and floods caused by Hurricane Nora last August 28 in Jalisco.

The Government of Jalisco, through the General Secretariat of Government (SGG), the Secretariat of the Social Assistance System (SSAS), and the State Council for Economic Promotion (CEPE) delivered the checks from the State Natural Disaster Fund Trust (FOEDEN ), 80 percent was a state contribution and the remaining 20 percent by the municipality and may be used for the acquisition of damaged household goods.

The delivery ceremony was chaired by the Secretary-General of the Government, Enrique Ibarra Pedroza, who was accompanied by Verónica Jiménez, General Director of Government Management, and María del Carmen Bayardo Solórzano, Director of Strategic Projects of the SSAS.

The appeal approved by the state trust was based on the damage survey carried out by SSAS personnel when touring the area detected by the Jalisco State Civil Protection and Firefighters Unit.

The benefited colonies were Emiliano Zapata; Centro; Playa Grande; Garza Blanca; Rivera del Río; San Esteban; La Desembocada; Loma Bonita; Las Juntas; El Caloso; El Cerro; Buenos Aires; Remance; Paso Ancho; Paso del Molino; Cristóbal Colón; Paso del Guayabo; Las Canoas and Boca de Tomatlán.

In order to support economic recovery in these affected municipalities, the State Council for Economic Promotion (CEPE) launched the emergent program on economic reactivation and assistance to economic units affected by Hurricane Nora, which has a total of $8,376,600 pesos.

These supports will be distributed among the municipalities of Cihuatlán, Tomatlán, Cabo Corrientes, and Puerto Vallarta, so today the first supports of the program were delivered in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, in total, support was granted to 179 beneficiaries; 89 of them, merchants from the Mercado Río Cuale; with $6,449,000 pesos.

The support of this program will be distributed among small merchants and retailers, handicrafts, jewelry, clothing and footwear, hardware stores, tortillerías, tlapalerías, car washes, and grocery stores, with which it is intended to facilitate the repair of damages in infrastructure, purchase of merchandise or raw materials and furniture for merchants.


Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here


Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN

  • Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
  • Mexico records the lowest daily death total from COVID-19 since July On Sunday afternoon, October 17, the Ministry of Health (SSa) released the Daily Technical Report of COVID-19 in Mexico, in which the new figures on the advance of the coronavirus disease in Mexico were announced. According to the federal agency, since the pandemic began, 3,757,056 accumulated cases of the new coronavirus have been reported, while…
  • Two-year-old child from California dies after falling from ninth floor of Hyatt Ziva in Puerto Vallarta A two-year-old child was killed after falling from the ninth floor of the Hyatt Ziva, located in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, reported local security authorities, who acted as the first responders to the accident. The minor and his family are from California, his mother is from Russia, and the father was identified as James Carter. Guests…
  • Mexico’s Assistant Health Secretary and face of the COVID fight says mask wearers are “egotistical” MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government’s point man for the coronavirus pandemic has once again made waves by calling those who wear facemasks “egotistical people.” Social media users expressed outrage Friday at the comments by Assistant Health Secretary Hugo López-Gatell, made in a speech earlier this week at a book fair. “The idea of…
  • Sunwing will reactivate its routes to Puerto Vallarta with 288 flights from Canada Sunwing Airlines announced the reactivation of its routes from 10 Canadian cities to Puerto Vallarta for the winter season. This represents the return of more than 54,000 Canadian tourists to the Mexican beach, reported the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Promotion Trust. The routes will begin operating during the winter period, anticipating 288 flights from Edmonton, Ottawa,…

Puerto Vallarta News

Compare Listings

Title Price Status Type Area Purpose Bedrooms Bathrooms