In the current year, in which it is estimated that more than 6 million cruise passengers will arrive in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta will account for 6.4 percent of the vessels that dock on the coasts of the country.
According to estimates from the Ministry of Tourism of the Government of Mexico, whose head, Miguel Torruco Marqués, announced that during the current year, the arrival of 6,776,000 cruise passengers is estimated, which represents 385.7 percent more than in 2021, but still 25.5 percent less than the figure reached in 2019, prior to the pandemic when 9,095,000 cruise passengers arrived.
In 2022, there are five ports that have the highest number of scheduled cruise arrivals, representing 85.6 percent of the total arrival offer: Cozumel, 962 arrivals (41.6 percent of the total); Mahahual, 386 arrivals (16.7 percent); Ensenada, 269 arrivals (11.6 percent); Cabo San Lucas, 241 arrivals (9.3 percent); and Puerto Vallarta, 149 arrivals (6.4 percent).
The head of the Ministry of Tourism (Sectur) pointed out that by 2022, the income of foreign currency by cruise passengers is expected to be $480 million dollars, which represents 286.2 percent more than in 2021, and is 23.3 percent away from obtaining the $626 million dollars registered in 2019.
He indicated that this year it is estimated that 2,313 cruise ships will arrive at the ports of Mexico, this is 177.7 percent more than the 883 in 2021, and only 21.6 percent below the 2,951 cruise ships that arrived in 2019.
In 2021, the five ports that received the highest number of cruise passengers were Cozumel, Mahahual, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlán, which represented 89.7 percent of total passengers and 87.4 percent of arrivals.
This month, Puerto Vallarta will register 22 arrivals, and during the previous three months, it has already received 60.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- EGates: state-of-the-art technology coming to Puerto Vallarta airport In order to guarantee fluid and fast access to international travelers, Mexico adds three more destinations with EGates technology: Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, and Los Cabos. The commissioner of the National Institute of Migration (INM), Francisco Garduño Yáñez, verified the operation of the 18 E-Gates -automated migration filters- installed at the Cancun International Airport, Quintana Roo,…
- Did the United States Government work with Mexican cartels to import drugs? Yes, according to a congressman in Mexico “I maintain that the United States government decides which narco to favor so that it supplies the country with drugs,” explains Mexican politician, PT Deputy Gerardo Fernández Noroña, who 12 years after shouting “murderer” at Genaro García Luna, then secretary of Security, assures that the US is only now putting Luna on trial because he…
- Biblioteca Los Mangos needs your help after a decline in donations during the pandemic ‘Biblioteca Los Mangos’ – Los Mangos Library, (located at Av. Francisco Villa 1001, right around the corner from the Costco on Av. Fluvial in Puerto Vallarta,) is a non-profit institution that, unlike libraries in many other countries, receives no local or federal public funding. Consider making a donation to Biblioteca Los Mangos here Located in…
- Taxi driver who intentionally ran over a woman and killed her in Puerto Vallarta has been arrested Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – On Sunday afternoon, Érika Noemí Chávez Cruz and her seven-year-old son were at Conchas Chinas beach, in Puerto Vallarta, with her presumed boyfriend, a taxi driver, according to police reports. After the couple has an argument, Érika and her son left on foot. The boyfriend boarded his taxi and ran over…