“Love … exciting and new…come aboard … we’re expecting you.” A special-themed “Love Boat” cruise is setting a course for adventure on board Majestic Princess with the original ensemble cast, who will celebrate their friend and everyone’s favorite cruise ship Captain Stubing with a tribute to Actor Gavin MacLeod. This seven-day cruise sails roundtrip from the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to the Mexican Riviera, February 26-March 5, 2022.
Hosted by Princess Cruises Celebrations Ambassador Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing), who will be joined by fellow “Love Boat” cast members Cynthia Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy), Bernie Kopell (Doc), Fred Grandy (Gopher) and Ted Lange (Isaac). Together, they will share their favorite memories from the show, participate in various guest activities and celebrate the late Gavin MacLeod, who served as brand ambassador for Princess Cruises for more than 35 years until his passing in May 2021, at the age of 90.
The voyage will be underway on MacLeod’s birthday – February 28 – and sails on the cruise line’s signature Mexican Riviera itinerary that was prominently featured during the TV show’s 10-year-run from 1977-1986, where Princess cruise ships served as the ocean-going co-star of the series. Guests will enjoy port visits to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
“Reuniting with the cast for this very special themed ‘Love Boat’ cruise and celebrating the show’s lasting impact with guests is sure to be nostalgic, fun and incredibly memorable,” said Jill Whelan, Celebrations Ambassador for Princess Cruises. “While we always love to connect with fans this cruise will be extra special because we will also celebrate the life and career of Gavin, our fearless leader, who not only played my dad on TV but was also a true father figure to me beyond the show.”
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here, Or you can support local media with a one-time donation here
“Love Boat” themed cruise activities include:
- Festive sailaway party including the popular 1970s-inspired Love Boat Disco Deck Party returns exclusively for a “command performance” during this themed cruise.
- Renewal of vows ceremony, hosted by Whelan and the cast on the top-deck
- Q&A with the cast, sharing favorite memories of the show and MacLeod
- Birthday celebration honoring MacLeod
- “Love Boat” episodes airing on Movies Under the Stars and in staterooms
- Love Boat trivia with the Cruise Director
- Cast photo opportunities
- “Love Boat” themed menus and specialty cocktails
- Themed décor, photo backdrops and merchandise
Princess has been connected to “The Love Boat” beyond the setting of the show, reuniting the original cast members for two ship christenings – Dawn Princess (1997) and Regal Princess (2014), appearing on the cruise line’s Rose Parade float and sailing on a throwback cruise in 2015 all celebrating the lines 50th anniversary. In May 2018, the six original cast members of “The Love Boat” and Princess Cruises received an honorary star plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of their contributions to the history of television and support of the preservation of the Walk of Fame.
Looking to start a business in Mexico? Successful and Reputable Interior Design & Remodel Business in San Miguel de Allende For Sale
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta airport reinforces health security on news of Omicron At least 2 positive cases of the new variant of the Ómicron coronavirus have already been confirmed in Brazil and more in Canada and several European Union countries. As a result, the International Health staff at the Puerto Vallarta International Airport and Puerto Vallarta redouble health security to detect individuals who may enter the city…
- Huge crocodile captured in the Hotel Zone of Puerto Vallarta A crocodile measuring almost 3 meters long was captured and relocated from the hotel zone of Puerto Vallarta this Thursday morning. According to the Subdirectorate of Environment and Ecology, the reptile was located in the vicinity of the channel that flows into Playa Flamingos, in the northern hotel zone of the city. “In response to…
- Mexico to reverse course, give COVID-19 booster shots Mexican officials have reversed their previous position against giving coronavirus booster shots and said Tuesday they are studying a plan to administer third doses to people over 60. The announcement came as Mexico nears 450,000 deaths from COVID-19. The country has fully vaccinated only about 50% of its 126 million people. President Andrés Manuel López…
- Mexico says global response to new COVID-19 variant is “disproportionate” Mexico has not registered cases related to the omicron variant of the coronavirus, detected on November 22 in South Africa and considered especially worrisome by experts. This version of covid-19, which according to the first studies presents 30 mutations and a high capacity to evade both natural defenses and those related to vaccines, has set…
- Mexicans hope for recovery of monarch butterflies Communal farmers and butterfly guides are hoping for a rebound in the number of monarch butterflies — and tourists — at their wintering grounds in central Mexico after a bad year for both last year. Experts say it is too early to calculate the number of monarchs, which migrate from the U.S. and Canada each…