“Love … exciting and new…come aboard … we’re expecting you.” A special-themed “Love Boat” cruise is setting a course for adventure on board Majestic Princess with the original ensemble cast, who will celebrate their friend and everyone’s favorite cruise ship Captain Stubing with a tribute to Actor Gavin MacLeod. This seven-day cruise sails roundtrip from the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to the Mexican Riviera, February 26-March 5, 2022.
Hosted by Princess Cruises Celebrations Ambassador Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing), who will be joined by fellow “Love Boat” cast members Cynthia Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy), Bernie Kopell (Doc), Fred Grandy (Gopher) and Ted Lange (Isaac). Together, they will share their favorite memories from the show, participate in various guest activities and celebrate the late Gavin MacLeod, who served as brand ambassador for Princess Cruises for more than 35 years until his passing in May 2021, at the age of 90.
The voyage will be underway on MacLeod’s birthday – February 28 – and sails on the cruise line’s signature Mexican Riviera itinerary that was prominently featured during the TV show’s 10-year-run from 1977-1986, where Princess cruise ships served as the ocean-going co-star of the series. Guests will enjoy port visits to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
“Reuniting with the cast for this very special themed ‘Love Boat’ cruise and celebrating the show’s lasting impact with guests is sure to be nostalgic, fun and incredibly memorable,” said Jill Whelan, Celebrations Ambassador for Princess Cruises. “While we always love to connect with fans this cruise will be extra special because we will also celebrate the life and career of Gavin, our fearless leader, who not only played my dad on TV but was also a true father figure to me beyond the show.”
“Love Boat” themed cruise activities include:
- Festive sailaway party including the popular 1970s-inspired Love Boat Disco Deck Party returns exclusively for a “command performance” during this themed cruise.
- Renewal of vows ceremony, hosted by Whelan and the cast on the top-deck
- Q&A with the cast, sharing favorite memories of the show and MacLeod
- Birthday celebration honoring MacLeod
- “Love Boat” episodes airing on Movies Under the Stars and in staterooms
- Love Boat trivia with the Cruise Director
- Cast photo opportunities
- “Love Boat” themed menus and specialty cocktails
- Themed décor, photo backdrops and merchandise
Princess has been connected to “The Love Boat” beyond the setting of the show, reuniting the original cast members for two ship christenings – Dawn Princess (1997) and Regal Princess (2014), appearing on the cruise line’s Rose Parade float and sailing on a throwback cruise in 2015 all celebrating the lines 50th anniversary. In May 2018, the six original cast members of “The Love Boat” and Princess Cruises received an honorary star plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of their contributions to the history of television and support of the preservation of the Walk of Fame.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Shooting in Zona Romantica in Puerto Vallarta leaves one dead and at least two injured One person was killed and at least two injured, one of them a police officer, as a result of a shooting in the heart of Puerto Vallarta. The area where the events occurred is one of the busiest in the tourist strip of the city, which is filled with bathers who go to Los Muertos…
- Four Mexican soldiers arrested after kidnapping family and demanding ransom In the state of Tlaxcala, a group of Investigative Police (PDI) agents arrested four alleged kidnappers who, when they identified themselves with the authorities, showed credentials from the National Defense Secretariat ( Sedena ), as active military soldiers. This was announced by Ernestina Carro Roldán, head of the State Attorney General’s Office (PGJE) through a…
- Mexican drug traffickers have adapted to marijuana legalization in US states Currently, most of the marijuana consumed in the United States is produced within its borders, due to the ongoing legalization and decriminalization processes in several of its states. This has hit Mexican organized crime groups and increased the prices of marijuana in Mexico. However, the InSight Crime organization found that drug traffickers have found new…
- 45 more buses will join the public transportation service in Puerto Vallarta this week As of this week, 45 more buses will begin to circulate on public transportation in Puerto Vallarta in order to improve service and meet user demand. This was announced by Luis Romero Chávez, president of Transporte Costa-Pacífico UnibusPV, the city’s transport concessionaire. “We brought 45 units from Guadalajara, which will begin to be seen circulating…
- With rebound of COVID cases, Jalisco Health Secretariat recommends return to face masks Due to the drop in temperature, the Ministry of Health reports an increase in infections of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections in Jalisco. A month ago, in the week of November 6 to 12, 229 infections of the new coronavirus were documented; however, in the last week they doubled to 507. The problem is that…