“Love … exciting and new…come aboard … we’re expecting you.” A special-themed “Love Boat” cruise is setting a course for adventure on board Majestic Princess with the original ensemble cast, who will celebrate their friend and everyone’s favorite cruise ship Captain Stubing with a tribute to Actor Gavin MacLeod. This seven-day cruise sails roundtrip from the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to the Mexican Riviera, February 26-March 5, 2022.
Hosted by Princess Cruises Celebrations Ambassador Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing), who will be joined by fellow “Love Boat” cast members Cynthia Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy), Bernie Kopell (Doc), Fred Grandy (Gopher) and Ted Lange (Isaac). Together, they will share their favorite memories from the show, participate in various guest activities and celebrate the late Gavin MacLeod, who served as brand ambassador for Princess Cruises for more than 35 years until his passing in May 2021, at the age of 90.
The voyage will be underway on MacLeod’s birthday – February 28 – and sails on the cruise line’s signature Mexican Riviera itinerary that was prominently featured during the TV show’s 10-year-run from 1977-1986, where Princess cruise ships served as the ocean-going co-star of the series. Guests will enjoy port visits to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
“Reuniting with the cast for this very special themed ‘Love Boat’ cruise and celebrating the show’s lasting impact with guests is sure to be nostalgic, fun and incredibly memorable,” said Jill Whelan, Celebrations Ambassador for Princess Cruises. “While we always love to connect with fans this cruise will be extra special because we will also celebrate the life and career of Gavin, our fearless leader, who not only played my dad on TV but was also a true father figure to me beyond the show.”
“Love Boat” themed cruise activities include:
- Festive sailaway party including the popular 1970s-inspired Love Boat Disco Deck Party returns exclusively for a “command performance” during this themed cruise.
- Renewal of vows ceremony, hosted by Whelan and the cast on the top-deck
- Q&A with the cast, sharing favorite memories of the show and MacLeod
- Birthday celebration honoring MacLeod
- “Love Boat” episodes airing on Movies Under the Stars and in staterooms
- Love Boat trivia with the Cruise Director
- Cast photo opportunities
- “Love Boat” themed menus and specialty cocktails
- Themed décor, photo backdrops and merchandise
Princess has been connected to “The Love Boat” beyond the setting of the show, reuniting the original cast members for two ship christenings – Dawn Princess (1997) and Regal Princess (2014), appearing on the cruise line’s Rose Parade float and sailing on a throwback cruise in 2015 all celebrating the lines 50th anniversary. In May 2018, the six original cast members of “The Love Boat” and Princess Cruises received an honorary star plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of their contributions to the history of television and support of the preservation of the Walk of Fame.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Request made to exhume Debanhi Escobar’s body to confirm cause of death This May 26, Ricardo Mejía, undersecretary of the Ministry of Security and Citizen Protection, confirmed that the Nuevo León Prosecutor’s Office will request the exhumation of the body of the young Debanhi Susana Escobar Bazaldúa, in order to standardize the forensic criteria on the cause of death. Last Saturday, May 21, an inter-institutional meeting on…
- Mysterious finding of 30 dead dolphins on a beach in Baja California Sur The rocky beach of El Calafín, in the state of Baja California Sur, became a graveyard for dolphins on May 25. Elements of the Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection ( Profepa ), in coordination with the Network of Attention to Stranding of Marine Mammals, went to the beach located about 40 kilometers north of the…
- The season’s first tropical storm in the Pacific expected to form this weekend A low-pressure area located south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec will increase its probability of developing a tropical cyclone, so heavy rains are forecast for this Thursday in Chiapas, Tabasco, eastern Oaxaca, and southern Veracruz.; very strong in Campeche, and strong (from 25 to 50 mm) in Guerrero, Quintana Roo and Yucatán. The storm has…
- Cartel launches massacre in Guanajuato leaving 11 dead Guanajuato has become one of the most violent regions in Mexico in recent years, as drug trafficking groups, mainly the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel (CSRL), fight for control of the zone. The last instance of violence occurred at approximately 10:00 pm Monday, May 23, in a hotel…
- 5.8 earthquake in Oaxaca felt as far away as Mexico City The National Seismological (SSN) announced that there was an earthquake of magnitude 5.8 in Oaxaca, which was perceived in Mexico City and Chiapas. (update, the magnitude has been downgraded to a 5.5 since the preliminary reports.) The earthquake was registered 44km northeast of Crucecita, Oaxaca at 4:43 pm local time. Authorities from Mexico City asked…