Two elements of the Federal Police were shot dead by a prisoner during a transfer in Puerto Vallarta when the suspect grabbed a gun from a policeman, shot two Federal Police, and fled.
The police were transferred to a clinic in Puerto Vallarta, where they died. In addition, the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic has already initiated an investigation.
On Wednesday afternoon, around 1:30 p.m., an agent of the FGR transferred a detainee from his cell to take him to testify before the Public Ministry. Once he finished his statement, the prisoner was returned to his cell.
At that moment, the detainee surprised the federal agent who was returning him to his cell, disarmed him, struggled, and shot him. The colleague who was on guard heard the shots and ran to the cell, where he was also shot by the suspect.
The prisoner left the facilities and carjacked a woman after shooting her in the leg. The prisoner escaped in the car, which he left abandoned a few blocks away. The suspect is still armed and considered dangerous.
With these deaths, there are 20 police officers killed so far this year in Jalisco. Just two days ago, a Zapopan element, from the Canine Tactical Unit, was executed.
Subscribe here for as low as .08 cents per day to access more content, and browse the site with fewer ads, all while supporting independent local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Federal Government stops construction on eight more real estate developments in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection (Profepa) has closed eight more construction projects in Puerto Vallarta for not submitting environmental impact authorization from the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Semarnat).
- Life in Puerto Vallarta – History, Culture, Food, Beaches, and more Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful coastal city in Mexico that has become a popular tourist destination over the years. With its warm weather, beautiful beaches, and lively culture, Puerto Vallarta offers a unique experience for both locals and visitors alike. In this essay, we will explore what life in Puerto Vallarta…
- I asked an AI Chatbot about Puerto Vallarta, and this was the response Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – We have all heard of AI chatbots in recent headlines, but most of us probably don’t really know what they are. Imagine if Siri could write you a college essay or Alexa could give you a Shakespearean-style movie review. In December 2022, OpenAI opened up access to ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence…
- Puerto Vallarta considered a main trafficking route for fentanyl Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the Secretary of National Defense (Sedena), the entry route for fentanyl and chemical precursors for its production, as the president said today, is the Pacific and, fundamentally, ports like Lázaro Cárdenas, in Michoacán, and Puerto Vallarta, in Jalisco.
- Extortion, Rape, and Assualt are on the rise in Puerto Vallarta according to the ‘Criminal Traffic Light’ Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the latest ‘Criminal Traffic Light’, a system used to track crime in Jalsico, Puerto Vallarta is failing in five areas of crime with growth in extortion, rape, assault, vehicle theft, and business robberies. In the latest update evaluating crime in February, Puerto Vallarta received five red marks, two yellow…