The Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cut-off of 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time) on Tuesday, October 5, 3,691,924 total accumulated cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Mexico since the pandemic began. Regarding the number of deaths, to date, a total of 279,894 deaths have been reported.
This represents that in the last 24 hours, 7,682 new infections and 790 deaths from COVID-19 were reported in the country.
According to the daily technical statement, as of today, there are an estimated 520,257 suspected cases, 6,564,036 negative cases, and 47,569 estimated active cases; that is, patients who began to present symptoms in the last 14 days (September 22 to October 5, 2021).
The entities with the highest number of active cases of SARS-CoV-2 in descending order are: Tabasco, Mexico City, Colima, Guanajuato, Yucatán, Querétaro, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Coahuila and Baja California.
These are the states with the highest number of reported cases since the beginning of the pandemic: Mexico City (951,432); State of Mexico (364,588); Nuevo Leon (198,351); Guanajuato (176,577); Jalisco (155,862); Tabasco (136,288); Puebla (120,447); Veracruz (118,883); Sonora (108,683) and San Luis Potosí (99,960). These entities represent 66% of the total accumulated cases in Mexico.
The SSa pointed out that in the last five weeks, most of the cases are present in the groups of 18 to 29 years, followed by the groups of 30 to 39 years and 40 to 49 years.
The distribution by gender in confirmed deaths shows a prevalence of 62% in men, with an average age of 64 years in deaths. In this area and based on the last cut, the states with the highest number of deaths are Mexico City (51,107); State of Mexico (31,892); Jalisco (16,150); Puebla (14,702); Veracruz (13,554), and Nuevo León (12,596).
Regarding hospital availability, until October 4 the states with the highest percentage in general bed occupancy are Puebla (44%), Aguascalientes (41%), and Morelos (40%). In turn, those with the highest percentage in beds with a ventilator are Aguascalientes (50%), Tabasco (41%), and Jalisco (38%).
Internationally, there are a total of 235,175,106 infections and 4,806,841 accumulated deaths worldwide. In the last 24 hours, 355,049 new cases and 6,303 deaths were reported. The overall fatality rate is 2%.
In the vaccination strategy for Mexico, the agency announced that until last Monday, October 4, 64,323,090 doses were applied.
Of the total, 46,054,543 (72%) of the people have a complete vaccination, and 18,268,547 (28%) have at least one dose.
Likewise, they reported that 21 states have immunization progress of 72 to 95%, such as Mexico City and Querétaro, which have vaccinated nine out of 10 adults.
While Zacatecas, Yucatán, Tlaxcala, Tamaulipas, Sonora, Sinaloa, San Luis Potosí, Quintana Roo, Nuevo León, Nayarit, Morelos, Hidalgo, Durango, Colima, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Baja California, Baja California Sur and Aguascalientes report coverage of between 72 and 87%.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Orlene continues to strengthen rapidly and a more organized hurricane eye has developed Puerto Vallarta has been placed under a hurricane watch, an increase in the previous alert of a tropical storm warning. Orlene is rapidly intensifying and is now expected to reach category 3 on Sunday afternoon. The satellite presentation of Orlene has quickly improved during the past several hours. A warm and well-defined eye has emerged…
- Hurricane Orlene expected to bring intense rains, winds, and waves to Puerto Vallarta on Saturday On Saturday and Sunday, Hurricane Orlene will move as a hurricane to the north-northeast, along the coast of Mexico, with a probable path towards Sinaloa, where its center could impact as a tropical storm on Monday. On its way, it’s expected to become a hurricane and will cause a probability of intense rains in Sinaloa,…
- Subscriber Content: Hurricane Orlene Live Updates Orlene has become a Hurricane. Puerto Vallarta under warning. Next update at 10:00 PM CST
- Hurricane Orlene could be the closest hurricane to the Puerto Vallarta coast of the season Subscribers, login to your dashboard for the latest update on Tropical Storm Orlene. (last updated at 8:00 PM local time). Or Subscribe to PVDN to keep up with all the important news in Puerto Vallarta. Tropical Storm Orlene is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph (20 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue…
- The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta, where it currently coordinates its main operations. In addition, it has managed to expand to practically the entire national territory, through the franchise model, just as “Los Zetas” did, first-level authorities from the federal security cabinet revealed. From this tourist destination, this…