On Saturday night, authorities located the body of a person inside a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández street and Prolongación Zacatecas street in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta.
The report was made to the 911 emergency service where a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández street at the intersection with Zacatecas, in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood.
Upon arrival, the municipal police officers observed a suitcase and the body of a woman inside.
Local police requested the control and leadership of the Public Ministry agent, who ordered to start with the protocols for securing the site. So far the motive for the crime is not known, nor who the victim or aggressors were.
Experts from the Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences transferred the body to their facilities where the autopsy will be carried out to determine the causes of death.
Trending news on PVDN
- What is considered lower, middle, and upper class in Mexico? Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The issue of what social class one belongs to in Mexico is often a matter of debate among those who discuss it, since there are no established parameters that define the social class in Mexico. Although the National Institute of Statistics and Geography ( INEGI) identified some socioeconomic characteristics of each…
- Crime in Puerto Vallarta increases 52% compared to last year Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Despite being considered one of the safest destinations in the country, Puerto Vallarta has seen a surge in crime in the first few months of this year.
- Protest in Puerto Vallarta block main highway and cause airport delays while tourists are forced to walk to airport Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – With protestors blocking Puerto Vallarta’s main road, tourists were forced to run down the streets with luggage trying to catch their departing flights.
- Condominium development in Puerto Vallarta is destabilizing the hydrological cycle Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At a recent conference on “Risks in Water Management and its Influence on the Real Estate sector of the Interstate Metropolitan Area of Puerto Vallarta and Bahía de Banderas,” Dr. Bartolo Cruz Romero, a research professor at the Centro Universitario de la Costa of the University of Guadalajara, emphasized the importance…
- Gentrification of Puerto Vallarta: Causes, Consequences, and Advantages Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta has been experiencing an increase in prices for rents, food, and other necessities, which could be a symptom of gentrification. For many foreigners and expats in Puerto Vallarta, these increases may seem small and still much cheaper than their home country, but it may be resulting in Mexican locals…