The National Hurricane Center reported the development of Tropical Storm Hilda, located about 800 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, and poses no threat to the Mexican coast.
Another developing storm is Tropical Depression Nine-E, located about 1400 miles west southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, so poses no threat to the Mexican coast.
The third, and most recently developed system, continues to show signs of organization in association with a broad area of low pressure located about 400 miles southwest of the coast of southern Mexico. The continued gradual development of this system is expected, and a tropical depression is likely to form in a couple of days before environmental conditions become less conducive for development. This disturbance is expected to move west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, away from the coast of Mexico.
Hurricane Season 2021
This year, the hurricane season in the Pacific began earlier than ever. Tropical storm Andrés formed on Sunday, May 9, off the coasts of Jalisco and Michoacán, and in doing so it broke a historical record, since never before, since there are records, had a system of that magnitude originated so soon in the northeastern part of this ocean. The previous record had been set by Tropical Storm Adrián, which emerged on May 10, 2017.
In addition, Andrés also anticipated the official start of the hurricane season in the Pacific, which begins each year on May 15 and ends on November 30.
Hurricane Predictions 2021
According to the SMN, the following systems are expected in 2021:
- Tropical storms: between 7 and 10.
- Strong hurricanes (categories 1 and 2 ): from 3 to 5.
- Intense hurricanes (categories 3, 4 or 5): from 4 to 5.
Total: between 14 and 20 tropical cyclones.
The data is in the average collected for this Ocean between 1991 and 2020, which is 15 cyclones.
Names for the Northeast Pacific: Andrés -already used-, Blanca -already used-, Carlos -already used-, Dolores -already used-, Enrique -already used-, Felicia -already used-, Guillermo -already used-, Hilda -already used-, Ignacio, Jimena, Kevin, Linda, Marty, Nora, Olaf, Pamela, Rick, Sandra, Terry, Vivian, Waldo, Xina, York, Zelda.
- More than 4,500 people in Jalisco are receiving treatment for long-haul COVID-19 On January 1, a month after suffering from COVID-19, Viridiana Flores began to feel bad. “I went to the doctor because I couldn’t sleep, my chest was whistling and I couldn’t breathe well. The doctor told me to be careful because they were signs of early asthma and it could have been triggered by the…
- Explosion at Popocatepetl volcano spreads ash in Mexico City The Secretariat for Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection of Mexico City reported that due to the recent activity of Popocatépetl volcano, ash fall is expected in the Iztapalapa, Milpa Alta, Tláhuac, Tlalpan, and Xochimilco in Mexico City. He recommended that people in the named areas who go out, should keep their nose and mouth…
- US citizen living in Mexico indicted in drug case A U.S. citizen living in Mexico who claimed ties to the Sinaloa cartel faces a 17-count indictment related to a drug trafficking operation between Mexico and Alaska, federal authorities announced Wednesday. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for Alaska said Miguel Baez Guevara, 38, was arrested by Mexican immigration authorities in Sonora, Mexico, on Friday. He was…
- Only two suspected COVID-19 cases found in Puerto Vallarta schools since classes began So far, in face-to-face classes in Puerto Vallarta, only 2 suspected cases of Covid-19 have been detected, according to Dr. Jaime Álvarez Zayas, director of the 8th Health Region of the Jalisco Health Secretariat based in Puerto Vallarta. “In the first week back to school we had a report of one or two suspicious cases,…
- Lack of regulation favors dubious stem cell treatments for medical tourism The operation of private clinics that perform regenerative treatments with stem cells for incurable diseases is expanding throughout the world, taking advantage of legal loopholes and the lack of regulation in the novel therapy, which is harming patients and putting the future of legitimate stem cell studies at risk. Stem cells are the raw material…